Food Intolerance Test
Food is our daily necessity that provides nutrients to strengthen our body and maintain the functions of the organs. Due to the difference of immune systems, However, we might be eating the food which we are allergic to while not aware of. It may cause the allergy and many diseases that we never knew.
In Food Intolerance Test, we use the leading techniques from the United States to ensure the result is accurate and reliable.
What is Food Intolerance?
Food intolerance, also known as chronic food allergy, is caused by the immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies produced by the immune system to against the food. Unlike normal food allergy, food intolerance and the allergic reactions are not obviously noticeable, and that is the main reason that why there are many of patients are not aware of it or what kinds of food cause the food intolerance. When the food enter our bloodstream through the intestinal epithelium, the non-allergic food will be digested and absorbed into our bloodstream. However, the allergic food antigen stimulates the production of IgG antibodies to bind to food antigens that are free in the blood or that have deposited in tissues and form immune complexes, resulting in inflammation and the reaction of allergy. The reaction may occur gradually in different parts of the body, and the symptoms of food intolerance vary greatly.
It can be difficult to determine the offending food causing a food intolerance because the response generally takes place over a prolonged period of time. Food intolerance can present with symptoms in our body either individually or in combination, the symptoms can be presented as bloating, colic, gas, burping, farting, constipation, skin rashes, urticaria, angioedema, dermatitis, and eczema, chronic headache, migraine, joint pain, runny nose and so on.
In general, food intolerance is more chronic, less obvious in its presentation, and patients with food intolerance are not aware of it at all or don’t know what kinds of food cause it. In addition, the allergy caused by food intolerance is difficult to diagnose and can hardly be cured by taking antihistamines, the patient needs to find out what kinds of food cause it and avoid having those kinds of food to prevent or recover from it.
The Causes of Food Intolerance and Its Symptoms?
The causes of food intolerance?
- Genetic predisposition that the body immune system produces antibodies against some certain foods;
- The decline of digestive immune system caused by the digestive problems;
- The imbalance of intestinal microflora. Generally, there are 3 types of microflora in our intestinal system: beneficial ones, pathogenic ones and yeast. The imbalance of intestinal microflora will cause the decrease of beneficial bacteria and the yeast increases, making some certain foods to stimulate the immune system for allergy.
Symptoms of Food Intolerance
- Nervous system : migraines, headaches, depression, anxiety, fatigue and hyperactivity;
- Respiratory system : Rhinitis, sinusitis and asthma;
- Musculoskeletal system : arthritis, arthralgia, myalgia;
- Gastrointestinal system : Vomiting, flatulence, abdominal cramping, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, weight management problems. and colic;
- Skin : urticaria, dermatitis, allergy, eczema, rash, etc.
Normal food allergy, also known as acute food allergy, is a type of allergy that has severe symptoms. It has a quick and immediate allergic reaction after eating the food. The symptoms are most acute, presenting in a raised, itchy red rash. In some cases, there may be difficulty in breathing or shock.
Food Intolerance, also known as chronic food allergy. The symptoms may not occur instantly after food consumption, instead it might take longer time for the reaction to start showing. Symptoms of food intolerance include skin inflammation, diarrhea, chronic acne, headache or edema, etc.
Food Intolerance Test at Novavida
Novavida Integrative Medical Center applies the USA Advanced Food Sensitivity Test (132 Food Items) to test the food intolerance. A sample of blood will be taken from the patient for an allergen-specific IgE test to measure the levels of different IgE antibodies in the blood that cause allergic reactions. This world-leading technology is designed to help detect the hidden food sensitivities among 132 everyday food items that are the causes of many debilitating symptoms with reliable and accurate results.
The professional specialists and doctors at Novavida will give advice on daily life to avoid substances that cause allergies according to the result.
Food Intolerance Test helps people with allergic reactions to avoid that groups of food properly, as well as finding the replacement of the nurtirtion needed for the body. including getting a proper nutrition plan for the various systems of the body to work, it also helps people to prevent the diseases.
Who is suitable for Food Intolerance Test?
- People with physical symptoms that may be caused by Food Intolerance;
- People with self-care awareness and want to know if he/she is allergic to any kinds of food or not in order to manage the diets properly.
People with the one of the following symptoms or more:
- Skin rashes, chronic wound, psoriasis;
- Chronic acne on the face and neck;
- Nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma and an unproductive cough;
- Migraine, depression, chronic fatigue, insomnia;
- Stomach gas and colic;
- Itchy throat;
- Joint or knee pain.
Process of Food Intolerance Test
- Contact the specialists at Novavida for an appointment of the Food Intolerance Test;
- Get enough sleep before the test;
- Avoid taking any food, water or medicine before the test;
- A 1 cc of blood sample will be taken from the patient for the examination;
- The sample of blood will be examed with the USA Advanced Food Sensitivity Test (132 Food Items), the results will be conducted in 14 working days and the patient will recieve the result via E-mail;
- The patient will be provided with advice in details on property eating diet.
Why choose Food Intolerance Test at Novavida?
The allergic symptoms caused by Food Intolerance do not occur instantly after food consumption, instead it might take longer time for the reaction to start showing. Therefore we usually ignore it. Food Intolerance Test is the best way to help us determine the kinds of food that we are allergic to.
The blood will be taken from the patient for an allergen-specific IgE test to measure the levels of different IgE antibodies in the blood that cause allergic reactions. The result will show in details that what kinds of food cause the allergy and provide advice on nutrients that may eat instead. From a long-term perspective, it helps us prevent diseases which may be caused by the food intolerance, it is of significant importance for all of us.