Colon Hydrotherapy is a natural, safe and easy procedure that helps your body get rid of toxins that may be residing in your large intestine.
The Colon Hydrotherapy at Novavida Integrative Medical Center is a healing practice in which the colon (large intestine) is gently cleaned and irrigated by a stream of warm, filtered water of 37.5 – 38.5 degree , which is the same temperature as the body to promote regular bowel movements, rinsing out toxins and residues.
How does it help?
Normally, the food we consume every day is digested and excreted naturally. However, there are still some residues in the intestine not being completely cleaned. Since the residues are accumulated gradually, it becomes toxic and have a negative effect on the health and may cause the diseases in both short and long terms.
The Colon Hydrotherapy is an effective treatment widely used in anti-aging care to help get rid of the toxins residing in the large intestine. This treatment facilitates detoxification, re-establishes the guts normal balance and in turn improves immune system function and skin health, reduces the bad breath, as well as helps reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Helps maintain balance of bacteria in the intestines;
- Helps to improve the intestinal system;
- Helps to restore the health of intestines;
- Stimulates the work of the digestive system;
- Helps prevent constipation and maintain normal excretion frequency;
- Helps enhance the efficiency of nutrients absorption;
- Stimulates the production of hormones;
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer;
- Helps reduce the accumulation of toxins and residues in the body;
- Helps improve skin health;
- Helps to improve the health of heart and improve the blood circulation;
- Improve the mental strength and energy;
- Improve the feeling of positive and relaxed；
- Helps to get rid of the toxins and residues on the intestinal wall, which may decrease the efficiency of immune system and may cause diseases, such as fatigue, skin disease, depression, colon cancer, constipation, diarrhea, acne inflammation, dry skin, bad breath, allergies, etc.
The normal open bowel enema applied drug or substances to stimulate and speed up the excretion of waste. It is usually used for cleaning the colon before a surgery. Colon Hydrotherapy is the gentle infusion of filtered, temperature-controlled water into the colon, which fills the colon allowing impacted toxins and waste to be removed without using any chemicals.
The Advantages of the Closed-System Colon Hydrotherapy
- Colon Hydrotherapy is completed and under the supervision of a knowledgeable physician to ensure the whole process safety;
- The treatment uses safe, warm filtered, temperature-controlled water for inner cleansing and detoxification;
- During the treatment, there closed-system ensures there is no unpleasant odors leaking;
- The patient doesn’t need to get up to go to the toilet during the treatment;
- The treatment can completely clean up the residues.
Who is suitable for the colon hydrotherapy?
- People who are suffering from constipation and those who don’t defecate regularly.
- People with skin problems, such as, acne and dull skin.
- People with difficulty in falling asleep, or people who get tired easily.
- People who have bad breath or body odor.
Preparation before colon hydrotherapy
- 2 hours before the colon hydrotherapy, it is advised not to eat anything;
- During the colon hydrotherapy, it is normal to feel slight discomfort when the bowel is extremely bloated with the water release, which is different from a normal stomachache. After the treatment, there may be slight pain in stool for 1 to 2 times, but once it leaves the body in its elimination there is a sense of relief and the patient can return home.
- Before the colon hydrotherapy, it is advised to eat lightly and 2 hours before the treatment, please avoid eating anything;
- After the treatment, there may be slight pain in stool for 1 to 2 times;
- During the colon hydrotherapy, it is normal to feel slight discomfort when the bowel is extremly bloated with the water release;
- Patients with heart problems, high blood pressure and other surgery histories, please consult the doctor before taking the treatment;
How often should I take Colon Hydrotherapy?
Like other anti-aging treatments, it is recommended for those who never take colon hydrotherapy that they take 1 – 2 times per week. However, treatment frequency will also be based on the doctor’s prescription.