Stem Cells Therapy For Muscular Dystrophy
Highlight of Stem Cell Therapy For Muscular Dystrophy
- Slowing down of Muscular Dystrophy progress
- Prevention of muscle fiber destruction
- Prevention of respiratory and heart failure
- CPK, LDH, ALT and ACT declines indicative of a reduction in muscle destruction
- Enzymes released by stem cells can help to decline the muscle deduction
What is Muscular Dystrophy?
Muscular dystrophy is a kind of genetic disorder which causes muscles to progressively weaken over time. This is a result of mutations in some of the genes which carry the code for essential muscle proteins.
The symptoms of MD include muscle weakness and progressive muscle wasting.
Normal Muscle VS Attrophied Muscle
How Stem Cell Therapy Can Help In Treating Muscular Dystrophy?
Normally, skeletal muscle (i.e. the muscles that are attached to bones) has a remarkable ability to heal itself after injury. Muscle stem cells, which particularly can be differentiated from mysenchymal stem cells, play a crucial role in the healing process.
Mesenchumal stem cells are proven to be among most promising treatments for muscluar dystrophy, which have can help with the reduction of muscle wasting and slowing down of the manifestation of primary symptoms.
There are two major machenisms of mesenchymal stem cells in treating Muscular Dystrophy:
- Production of healthy muscle fibers: local injection of mesenchymal stem cells, and they are delivered to the patient’s muscles, where they work to replace the damaged muscle fiber cells.
- Reduced inflammation: Damaged muscles become quite inflamed and this inflammation speeds up muscle degeneration. Stem cells can reduce inflammation, slowing the progress of the disease, and increase regeneration.
Get in touch with our specialist
Photalai Golf Park Building, 4th Floor, Room B401 28/2 Soi Klong Lam Chiek School, Khlong Chan Subdistrict, Bang Kapi District, Bangkok 10240
9:00 AM – 18.00 PM
Tuesdays – Sundays (closed on Mondays)
Phone: (66) 2-508-5100