Thailand Medical Visa (Non-O Visa)
1. Eligible Applicants for O Medical Visa
– This category of visa is issued to applicants who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19 and are currently residing in Australia.
2. O Medical Visa Conditions
– The O Medical Visa is valid for a single entry for medical-related purposes only.
– The O Medical Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry. During the 90-day period of stay, if they wish to leave and re-enter Thailand, they are required to apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. If they leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, the current stay permit shall be considered void.
– The extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer. Extension application can be made at the Office of Immigration Bureau (visit www.immigration.go.th for more information)
– If the O Medical Visa holder breaches the entry conditions, the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. O Medical Visa Application Procedures
Each applicant must submit a complete online form together with the required documents* to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulates. The required documents are as follows:
|1||Completed Visa Application Form|
|2||One (1) passport-sized photograph affixed to the Visa Application Form|
– Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
– White background and no older than 6 months
– A minimum validity of six months from the date of planned entry into Thailand
– Must have at least two empty pages
|4||Confirmation Letter from the Ministry of Public Health on Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ).|
– In order to obtain the confirmation letter, the applicant must contact the AHQ (www.hsscovid.com) and submit required documents to the AHQ
|5||A proof of guarantee that the traveler will be responsible for the expenses of medical treatment or any other expenses incurred during the stay in Thailand;|
|6||Proof of health insurance|
– A health insurance, covering at least USD 10,000 during the entire stay in Thailand.
4. O Medical Visa processing times
– Visa processing time is usually 3-5 days.
– Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
– The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
– The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
– Visa processing fees are non-refundable regardless outcome.
– Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.